Monday, August 24, 2015

Welcome to Tanzania!

Hi everyone! I hope you are doing well. I can't believe I've already been in Tanzania for over a week now! I have been settling in to life over here--moving in to a new home, getting to know new roommates/coworkers, and adjusting to life in a new country. Things are good here, not always perfect (have had several days with no power and/or no water), but I am quickly learning that is what comes with living in a third world country. I have loved being able to spend time with my family on this side of the world. They are so sweet and I feel very blessed to be so close to them. I took some pictures to share with everyone of my new home. I hope you enjoy them :) I will try to post more pics of my classroom and new school soon. Love you all!


The house me and my roommate Taylor live in.
 
 
Our little kitchen.

 
Our screened in porch and coffee area.

 
The main house the other teachers live in.
 
 
The dinning room area of the main house.

 
My sister, Melissa, decorated our common area and it is beautiful. She is amazing!
 
 
There are no dryers here, so we hang everything out to dry.


 
 The Jacaranda tree in our yard.
 
 
Our cat, Mogli.

 
Our loud rooster.

 
Our chickens.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a Grand Adventure you are on!!! Thank you for sharing it with us and May God continue to bless each step you take dearest! We miss you so but know you are indeed in the Palm of God's Hand and I cannot wait to hear of all that God is going to do in and through you...Love you forever, Jenny

    ReplyDelete